Finding a good mortgage lender is about more than just finding the best rate (although that is pretty important!) You need someone who will work FOR you and WITH you every step of the way, to make sure you not only get the right product for you, but that you understand the process and all the options. They help you work your largest debt–and asset–into the rest of your life. Think of this as a long-term relationship.When it comes to finding a mortgage, Our advice is usually to go to see at least three people:
- Your own bank. They already know you, you likely already have a relationship with them, and they have your information, so it’s easy…plus they want to keep more of your business!
- A mortgage broker. A broker will shop you as a client out to various lenders to try to get you the best rate and fit for you. Plus it doesn’t cost you anything since they are paid a commission by the lenders.
- TD/BMO/RBC & Desjardins Well, specifically, our rock star mortgage team the specified banks. Canada’s largest banks, and they don’t work with mortgage brokers, so it’s worth talking to them. Our team is a “mobile” mortgage specialist team, so he doesn’t work at a branch, will come to you wherever you are, and on your time schedule. More importantly, he works on commission (unlike a typical branch mortgage person), and it shows in the service he provides.
Here are our trusted lender partners:
Tino Menzo, RBC Mobile Mortgage Specialist
Sophie Ferrando, Independent Mortgage Broker
Real Estate Notary’s
Having the right Notary is something many people don’t put much thought into. The importance of having someone that knows what they are doing–specifically in real estate and in Toronto–can’t be underestimated. In our experience, there are a thousand little things (and a few big ones) that can go wrong in a real estate transaction. Considering this is likely the most expensive purchase you’ll ever make, is this the time to take a chance? When the #@%$ hits the fan, you’ll be happy you didn’t pick your lawyer off of Craigslist just to save a few bucks.
Here are our most trusted Notary’s:
Anastasia Kyva; 514.858.0222, email@example.com, 8780 av Henri-Julien, Montréal, QC, H2M 1M4
- We have a long relationship with Anastasia and her office. She’s great at clear, timely communication, …something as rare in law as it is in real estate!
Maria REVELIS; 514.747.1115 firstname.lastname@example.org, 7960 rue Saint-Denis, Montréal, QC, H2R2G1
- Our clients have also been very satisfied with Maria and her team..
Home Services Professionals
No matter if you own a condo or a house, you’re bound to need professional help at some point. As a BREL client, you’ll have access to our preferred network of reliable home pros for life. We have access to some of Toronto’s best stagers, cleaners, movers, and handymen. Here’s just a sampling of the people we trust:
Call for more information in your area… Our electrician’s are not only honest, capable, reliable and organized, but he’s also a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended.
Waterproofing, Drains and Plumbing
- New Canadian Drain and Plumbing
These are the go-to guys for drains (including that camera inspection your home inspector told you was a good idea) as well as major plumbing such as water main replacement. They have replaced old drains in both our own house as well as those of some of our clients; as well as the original lead water supply lines with shiny new (non-toxic!) copper. They also water-proofed our last house. On-time and on-budget. Super fast free quotes and super fast professional work.
Painting and Renovations
Brothers Brayden and Dustin do a lot more than painting, but painting is their specialty. They’ve installed kitchen backsplashes, built our deck and fence, oversaw the renovation of a bathroom and installed flooring for us. Great guys and reasonable rates.
- Final Cut Painting and Reno
- Masonry and Brick Repair – fixbricks.ca – Tel.514-425-0271
- Montreal’s masonry experts Chimneys, Walls, Repointing & more
Remember how your home inspector said you need to parge, repoint and re-do the tuckpointing? These are the guys you call.
- MDHome Inspections – We always trust a home inspection.
- Rick & Ian
“Structural issues” is the last word in Montreal home inspections. We have worked with many individual inspectors over the years, but our favourites are below…but it really is hard to go wrong.
Termite and Pest Control
- Pest Control – http://www.exterminationcentrale.com
Pest is the last word in Montreal termite/bedbug control. We call or see these guys every month. Their guarantee /insurance is worth every penny when you need it.